Children’s Medical Center is fortunate to have a Lactation Educator on our staff who is able to help with breastfeeding questions and issues. It is our goal to help support nursing mothers in any way we can if they choose to breastfeed their baby.
Our Lactation Educator is Betsy, and she has over 30 years of experience in helping nursing mothers navigate common problems related to breastfeeding. Depending on Betsy’s availability in the office, we try to provide support both in office as well as remotely by phone.
In the event that more intensive lactation support is desired, nursing mothers can attend either private or hospital-based lactation clinics. While Children’s Medical Center does not endorse one Lactation Clinic over another, for your benefit we will list several local clinics in the area.
The Children’s Hospital of Colorado Lactation Clinic at St. Joe’s Hospital
- Both mother and baby are seen as patients and visit is billed through insurance. They are available by phone, virtual or in person appointment. Call 303-812-4642 for an appointment. No referral needed.
Rose Medical Center Lactation
- Free breastfeeding support group for moms who deliver at Rose Medical Center, Call in advance, 303-320-2001.
Online Lactation Resources
- Breast Feeding Online Resources by Pediatric Web
- Check which medications are okay to take while breastfeeding: Lact-Med Online Tool
- Infant Risk Center (Dr. Thomas Hale) – Phone: 806-352-2519